Pages

Monday 14 January 2013

Football match in Nantes

I was so excited to watch my first football match in France. I asked a bunch of my classmates, who surprisingly were quite interested in watching it. Some had never seen a football match before o_O !!

So we arrived at the stadium, the one we pass every day on our way to college, and it was choc-a-bloc. Where did all those people come from. I didn't ever imagine it to be so crowded. There were people everywhere. And there were food stalls (more than a dozen) and wine/beer stalls (one too many) and  merchandise stalls too. Wow, the place looked transformed. I was even more excited. While we bought our tickets, food etc. I could hear people singing and cheering inside. It was going to be a fun experience.

The crowd in the stadium was quite large, though it wasn't packed. But the energy. Oh my, the energy. It was enthralling. just to sit there and watch/listen to them cheer made my day. If only I could understand what they were saying, coz it was all in French. 

FC Nantes versus Nimes ( a city I recently visited) Nimes won sadly. They played really well and had a good goal keeper. We played well too, especially in the second half of the first half. But alas. And the saddest part was that I missed the only goal Nantes scored, thanks to my lovely friends who wanted to buy food and drinks. But it was fun. It was a cold, cold night but so worth it. 



Sadly, I didn't take my camera so this is a picture taken by one of my friends. 
And here is my ticket :)


No comments: