Pages

Friday 5 October 2012

Touristy day out

Our first day as tourists in Nantes. Nantes is divided into different Quarters and yesterday we explored the Bouffay Quarter. It has these cobblestone streets (actually entire Nantes has them) and these stone buildings. It is also where the castle of the Dukes of Brittany is located. We explored all the outside areas (will go inside the museum on Sunday as it is free then) 


We then moved on to walk the streets and reached the Cathedral of St. Peter and St. Paul. 


It was one of the most gorgeous structures I have ever seen. I finally felt that I was in France. Someone was playing the piano inside, and when I entered I was transported to another era. 





Stained glass windows, intricate carving, candles.. oh it was just breathtaking. 
We stopped for a bite and then just strolled around the streets looking at beautiful shop windows and little antique finds. Europe is really - beautiful.

and how can I forget the pretty little cafes dotting the sidewalks... I had to stop myself from clicking a picture of each one. I just couldn't help it. They are so pretty.

It reminded me so much of "Little Brown Pen", my fav Parisian blog. 
Sigh. More sightseeing today. Just can't get enough.

No comments: